February 8, 2008

Friday - YAHHH TRICK YAHHHHHHH

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Who will be the first self-righteous blogger to complain about this?? First one to use the word "rape" wins my undying hate!

I call dibs on The Hater for part 1, though I definitely give her too much credit to think that she would go for part 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Progress

Does anyone else find the extent to which Obama supporters have embraced Shepard Fairey's posters (in his trademark totalitarian-propaganda-inspired style) kind of creepy/unfortunate/maddening? I showed this picture to my 10:10 class, and one student actually thought the posters weren't in support of Obama, but some sort of backhanded satirical insult. I don't really "get" the fervent Obama support. I've been asking my classes today, hoping that there may be one such supporter who can explain it to me, but all I keep finding are reasons why NOT to support Hillary or McCain. Another student (a McCain supporter) suggested that this segment of the Obama camp is simply part of a "movement about being excited." I'm inclined to think she's right.

I find the will.i.am video similarly unnerving. Check out Elliott's thoughts on it here.

Colleen posted about recent election developments here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I passed by the co-opted convenience store in the Student Union the other day, this song was playing. It's a good one.

1 comment:

parallelliott said...

1) Rape
2) OBEY: Stevie Wonder
3) Keep it down now