January 12, 2008

Used CD Blitzkrieg


Today I went to Record Den in Mentor, OH; I wasn't really expecting to get anything, but they ended up having one of the sweetest used CD selections I've ever seen. I picked up the Phil Spector Back to Mono (1958-1969) 3 CD (the Christmas album was missing) box set, along with Sonic Youth's Sister, Entertainment! by Gang of Four, and Robyn is Here, the late 90s teen-pop album by my #1 Swedish crush. A few of the things I passed up were Applause Cheer Boo Hiss by Land of Talk, Psychic Hearts by Thurston Moore, Goo and Washing Machine by Sonic Youth, The Traveling Wilburys, Vol. 1, and albums from forgotten mid-90s local bands Sons of Elvis and Paranoid Lovesick. Record Den also has huge selections of new CDs, new and used vinyl, and used cassettes. Score 1 for Cleveland's east suburbs having sweeter record stores than Northampton.


3 comments:

Stephen said...

i was just there last monday. it's one of my regular stops in cleveland. great cheap section and some good imports.

parallelliott said...

killer scores

Unknown said...

awl cot up nowwwww. updete pls. kthxbai.