January 31, 2008

As previously mentioned, I went to this on Saturday night. There wasn't much worth reporting about; some of the readers were very bad, others were better, John Hodgman was pretty funny. The DJ played some Dinosaur Jr. tracks from You're Living All Over Me, and later played quite a bit of noise. I was curious what kind of stuff he'd play, considering the event was a "dance party", but he generally steered clear of any dance music. At one point, before John Hodgman spoke, I believe, he played a long stretch of noise that cleared out the room pretty well. He had some records for sale, so at the end of the night I bought one and had him sign the insert. I mentioned that I appreciated the noise, and he seemed a little disappointed that rest of the room didn't care for it. Here are some pics of the score:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elliott posted a brief recap of the evening as well.

1 comment:

parallelliott said...

why do i never buy stuff?
sweet score.
i'm gonna start buying stuff tomorrow.